Whether you're coming from or planning on going to Northwest State Community College, we have you covered! At Northwest State, we have made it our mission to provide educational access and opportunities for our students. There are several options available to assist students in transferring from NSCC to another college or university. You can also request transcripts on this page.


There are several options available to assist students in transferring from NSCC to another college or university.

  • Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathways

    The Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathways enable students to streamline credit transfer among the state’s public institutions of higher education to find the best pathways to degree completion and launch successful careers.

  • Articulation Agreements

    These agreements are formal agreements between two or more college or universities that document transfer policies for a specific academic program. NSCC has a variety of articulation agreements available to students.
    Purdue University Fort Wayne: associate of applied science degree at NSCC to a bachelor of applied science degree at PFW

  • Degrees

    Many of the students who pursue an associate degree in the arts or sciences plan on transferring to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor’s degree. Choosing to earn an associate degree at Northwest State gives students a broad-based background in liberal arts that will allow them to meet the general education requirements at most four-year colleges and universities.

Explore these also!

Associate of Arts
Associate of Science
Ohio Transfer Module


At Northwest State, we have made it our mission to provide educational access and opportunities for our students. Using the state pathways or our academic agreements, you can transfer your credits and start as a junior in a bachelor’s program. To start planning today contact your academic advisor in the NSCC Advising Center at Advising@NorthwestState.edu or 419.267.1390.

Transferring To NSCC

  1. Complete an NSCC admissions application and select a major.

  2. Send an official high school transcript to:
    Northwest State Community College
    Attention: Admissions Office
    22600 State Route 34
    Archbold, OH 43502

  3. admissions@northweststate.edu
    419.267.5745 (Fax)
    Transcripts must come directly from the high school to NSCC via mail, email, or fax.


  4. Send official transcripts from institution(s) you have attended previously to:
    Northwest State Community College
    Attention: Registrar’s Office
    22600 State Route 34
    Archbold, OH 43502

  5. *Any transcripts that are not sent officially from the previous institution directly to NSCC will not be accepted.
  6. Once the NSCC Registrar’s office receives your official transcript(s), it will be evaluated and any applicable credit will be recorded on your NSCC transcript. You will receive an email notification to your NSCC student email stating that an update to your transcript has been made.

  7. Complete the Student Orientation Advising & Registration

  8. Schedule an appointment in the Advising Center to meet with an academic advisor advising@northweststate.edu or 419.267.1390

Additional Information for Students Transferring Credits to NSCC:

Transfer credit will be allowed for any previous courses in which a “D” or better grade was earned from a U.S. or Canadian regionally accredited institution of higher learning, unless NSCC has a specific requirement for a “C” in a specific course. International students may receive credit for coursework taken at foreign institutions of higher learning by:

  1. Providing a credential evaluation report from a credential evaluation service of the student’s choice (i.e. Educational Credential Evaluation, Inc. – 414.289.3400, World Education Services – (312) 222-0882, Josef Silney & Associates – (305) 273-1616. etc), or
  2. A student may choose in lieu of providing a credential evaluation report (officially translated transcript), to take proficiency examinations for any applicable coursework according to the College’s proficiency examinations (credit by examination) policy.

Credits transferred to NSCC will apply toward graduation only if they satisfy requirements for a particular major. Transfer credit not required by a particular major may be counted as additional hours completed.

Transfer credit may be awarded for courses in which a student received credit through a proficiency exam taken at another regionally accredited institution. Such credit will be given only if the transcript clearly indicates that credit was granted for the course at another institution. If the transcript simply indicates that a proficiency exam was taken but credit was not given for the course, Northwest State will not accept the proficiency as transfer credit.

Students may receive credit for courses taken at non-accredited institutions by successfully passing a proficiency examination, if one is available.

In order to be eligible for the associate degree at the College, at least thirty percent of the credits must have been earned at Northwest State Community College.