1098-T Tax Forms Notice

Hard Copies of Form 1098-T will be mailed by January 31, 2023

To access your 1098-T electronically, login to myNSCC and navigate to Student > Student Account > Tax Notification > Enter Tax Year > Submit.

Are you worried about paying for school? We can help!

Investing in a college degree could be the best financial decision you ever make. At Northwest State, you may be eligible to earn some form of financial aid to help offset the cost of tuition.

There are many different types of financial aid to assist you in bridging the gap between your family contribution and the cost of your educational expenses.

The NSCC Financial Aid Office, located in C110, is available to help you through the process of applying for financial aid. Please click here to schedule an appointment with a financial aid representative or contact the financial aid office at 419-267-1333 or

Complete the FAFSA

Use the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form to apply for financial aid for college or graduate school.



Scholarships are free gifts that do not need to be repaid. These awards are made on the basis of academic achievement, financial need or a combination of the two.



A grant, unlike a loan, is a gift of money that does not have to be repaid. As they are based upon financial need, the result of your FAFSA will determine if you are eligible to receive any grants from the federal or state programs.


Student Loans

Student loans are a form of financial aid that must be repaid on a specific schedule and may or may not be need-based. Almost any student can qualify for a student loan.


Work Study

Under the Federal Work-Study program, you can work part-time to earn money for your education. The Financial Aid Office will then determine your eligibility.


Online Forms

Important financial aid forms to complete your financial aid file.


Consumer Information

Northwest State Community College is committed to the principle of promoting access to information that will allow consumers to make informed decisions about post-secondary education.


Satisfactory Academic Progress

Northwest State students receiving federal financial aid are required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), according to federal and state laws.



August 23 - 29

100% Refund for Dropped Courses

Aug. 30 - Sept. 5

75% Refund for Withdrawn Courses

September 6 - 12

50% Refund for Withdrawn Courses

October 5

Financial Aid Freeze Date

October 31

Financial Aid 60% point

December 12

Last day to Submit a Loan Request

December 16

Last Day of Main Term



Financial Aid FAQs

To apply for financial aid, you must complete the following:

  • An FSA ID & password may be created by students and their parents at
  • File your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) electronically at (approximate processing time is 3-5 business days). If you have any questions when completing the FAFSA, call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243.
  • Northwest State Community College‚Äôs Federal School Code is 008677
  • Use the Data Retrieval Tool on your FAFSA to link your IRS/tax information to the FAFSA

  • Have a high school diploma, GED, or complete a high school education in a home school setting approved under state law
  • Be enrolled in an eligible program as a degree-seeking student
  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Register with Selective Service as required of male students
  • Have a valid social security number
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress
  • Cannot be in default on any past student loans

You may apply as soon as October 1 or as soon as you complete your federal income taxes. The FAFSA needs to be completed one time for the academic year.

  • For summer classes, the FAFSA should be submitted no later than May 1
  • For fall classes, the FAFSA should be submitted no later than June 1
  • For spring classes, the FAFSA should be submitted no later than December 1
Applications submitted after these dates may not be processed in time for semester payment and the student will need to make payment on their own to the business office.

Adult Learner FAQs

Student Refund FAQs