Northwest State Community College administers the Accuplacer Assessment as a placement test for courses. The assessment is used to determine eligibility for College Credit Plus and to help with course placement for new learners. The Accuplacer assessment is a required admissions step for the majority of new NSCC learners.
ACCUPLACER testing is by appointment only.
- To schedule a testing appointment for the Archbold campus, use the form below. Call the NSCC Admissions Office at 419.267.1320 with any questions.
- Please note: a photo ID is required before testing.
*New learners looking to pursue an industrial welding certificate are not required to complete the Accuplacer for course placement
All new students are required to either submit their ACT / SAT scores or complete the ACCUPLACER Assessment. The ACCUPLACER is a computerized placement test that covers basic skill areas in reading, writing, and mathematics.
Brush up on your reading and math skills by downloading a free ACCUPLACER study app. Select the Next-Generation Practice Tests option for the next-generation version of ACCUPLACER.
Another way to prepare for the Accuplacer is to use the PDF study guides below:
- Reading Sample Questions
- Sample Essays
- Arithmetic Sample Questions
- Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics Sample Questions
- Advanced Algebra Sample Questions
Accessing Your Accuplacer Scores
You can access your Accuplacer scores and send your scores from a testing session with NSCC to other institutions through your student portal. In order to do this, you will need your N# (NSCC student ID number). You can access these instructions via the button below. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at 419.267.1320.
We understand that not everyone can make it to campus during the provided testing times. If you are not able to make a testing session due to scheduling conflicts, you may be eligible to take the test remotely.
Accuplacer is offered remotely at NSCC through Examity. Please review the system requirements below to be sure your technology is eligible to test remotely.
- A desktop or laptop computer (this assessment will not work on a smart phone, tablet, or Chromebook)
- A built-in or external webcam and microphone that current work. You can troubleshoot problems with either device here
- Internet speed of at least 2 Mbps. Download and 2 Mbps. Upload. We do not recommend the use of hotspots.
- You can check all system requirements with Examity HERE
Once you have submitted a request, the Office of Admissions at NSCC will reach out within 48 hours to confirm your request and provide further instructions.