Northwest State Community College administers the Accuplacer Assessment as a placement test for courses. The assessment is used to determine eligibility for College Credit Plus and to help with course placement for new learners. The Accuplacer assessment is a required admissions step for the majority of new NSCC learners.
Brush up on your reading and math skills by downloading a free ACCUPLACER study app. Select the Next-Generation Practice Tests option for the next-generation version of
Another way to prepare for the Accuplacer is to use the PDF study guides below:
- Reading Sample Questions
- Sample Essays
- Arithmetic Sample Questions
- Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics Sample Questions
- Advanced Algebra Sample Questions
*New learners looking to pursue an industrial welding certificate are not required to complete the Accuplacer for course placement
ACCUPLACER testing is by appointment only.
- To schedule a testing appointment for the Archbold campus, use the form below. Call the NSCC Admissions Office at 419.267.1320 with any questions.
- Please note: A government issued photo ID is required before testing
All new students are required to either submit their ACT / SAT scores or complete the ACCUPLACER Assessment. The ACCUPLACER is a computerized placement test that covers basic skill areas in reading, writing, and mathematics.
Accessing Your Accuplacer Scores
You can access your Accuplacer scores and send your scores from a testing session with NSCC to other institutions through your student portal. In order to do this, you will need your N# (NSCC student ID number). You can access these instructions via the button below. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at 419.267.1320.
We understand that not everyone can make it to campus during the provided testing times. If you are not able to make a testing session due to scheduling conflicts, you may be eligible to take the test remotely.
Please review the system requirements below to be sure your technology is eligible to test remotely.
- Before requesting a remote test session, please click here to ensure the device you will be using meets the systems requirements.
- Review Examity FAQ’s here.
- View Exam Overview Information here.
To request a remote testing session please call the Admissions office at 419.267.1320 to discuss requirements.