Transfer to NSCC

  • You are not required to meet with an admissions recruiter before you enroll at NSCC, but you may find it helpful. An admissions recruiter can suggest opportunities at the College you may not know about, can explain entrance requirements of the various programs, and can answer questions about how NSCC will help you reach your career goals. NSCC Admissions can be reached at 419.267.1320.
  • Complete an NSCC admissions application and select a major.
  • Send official transcripts from institution(s) you have attended previously to: Northwest State Community College
    Attention: Registrar’s Office
    22600 State Route 34
    Archbold, OH 43502*Any transcripts that are not sent officially from the previous institution directly to NSCC will not be accepted.
  • Once the NSCC Registrar’s office receives your official transcript(s), it will be evaluated and any applicable credit will be recorded on your NSCC transcript. You will receive an e-mail notification stating that an update to your transcript has been made.
  • Once this process has been completed, you will be able to schedule an appointment at a new student advising day through admissions or set up an advising appointment directly with the dean who oversees your major.
  • After you are scheduled for the first time, you will have an academic advisor assigned to you.

Additional Information for Students Transferring Credits to NSCC: Transfer credit will be allowed for any previous courses in which a “D” or better grade was earned from a U.S. or Canadian regionally accredited institution of higher learning, unless NSCC has a specific requirement for a “C” in a specific course. International students may receive credit for coursework taken at foreign institutions of higher learning by: 1. Providing a credential evaluation report from a credential evaluation service of the student’s choice (i.e. Educational Credential Evaluation, Inc. – 414.289.3400, World Education Services – (312) 222-0882, Josef Silney & Associates – (305) 273-1616. etc), or 2. A student may choose in lieu of providing a credential evaluation report (officially translated transcript), to take proficiency examinations for any applicable coursework according to the College’s proficiency examinations (credit by examination) policy. Credits transferred to NSCC will apply toward graduation only if they satisfy requirements for a particular major. Transfer credit not required by a particular major may be counted as additional hours completed. Transfer credit may be awarded for courses in which a student received credit through a proficiency exam taken at another regionally accredited institution. Such credit will be given only if the transcript clearly indicates that credit was granted for the course at another institution. If the transcript simply indicates that a proficiency exam was taken but credit was not given for the course, Northwest State will not accept the proficiency as transfer credit. Students may receive credit for courses taken at non-accredited institutions by successfully passing a proficiency examination, if one is available. In order to be eligible for the associate degree at the College, at least thirty percent of the credits must have been earned at Northwest State Community College.

Registrar's Office

Connie Klingshirn