NSCC Board Approves Strategic Plan
Life Changing Education
Create and maintain high quality, transformative, and safe educational environments that meet the needs of our current and future learners.
- Ensuring high quality learning experiences by creating opportunity and inspiring faculty to optimize the learner experience in the classroom and beyond the classroom.
- Ensuring transformative educational experiences by increasing both the opportunities and the rate of credential attainment, and reducing the average time that learners take to attain their credential.
- In response to pandemic efforts, plan and deploy digital strategies for rapid response to public health demands and student needs.
Learning for All
Promote collaborative partnerships that serve our learners and provide an equitable opportunity to succeed.
- Align efforts across NSCC EMT and Success & Completion Committees and identify new recruitment and retention strategies.
- Identify segmented enrollment streams and set strategic enrollment goals.
- Employ Graduation Pathways to Success (GPS) Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor and assess enrollment progress of segmented enrollment streams.
- Deploy specific tactical teams to implement Enrollment Management strategies that reflect evidence-based best practices centered on access and equity.
- Develop three specific agreements / grants partnerships with civic, not-for-profit, and governmental partners to directly address Learners’ barriers to success such as childcare/eldercare insecurity, financial insecurity, food insecurity, healthcare insecurity, and transportation insecurity.
Improve NSCC’s institutional effectiveness to create a sustainable, stakeholder-focused and high-performing organization.
- Provide support to the teams working on the five other goals
- Submit NSCC’s decennial self-study (December, 2020) and successfully host an HLC site visit (February 2021).
- Identify three – five processes that can move to remote operations permanently.
- Identify and redesign three – five policies towards “learner-friendly.”
Cultivate and sustain a positive culture that empowers team members to fulfill our mission.
- Create and deploy college events that reinforce and improve the current positive culture.
- In response to pandemic efforts, develop digital tools to connect team members.
- Encourage team care and self-care part of the regular team regiment.
- Successfully complete faculty negotiations for a renewed labor agreement.
- . Emphasize the role of professional development with Cabinet member individualized plans and a second year of the President’s Leadership Team curriculum.
Create intentional communications and interactions between the College and its stakeholders to strengthen our community relationships
- NSCC Marketing Theme: “Your community’s college” Increase our overall marketing footprint in the service area.
- Foster, facilitate and manage community involvement within each county. Strengthen alumni participation and scholarship giving.
- Develop specific campaigns to support the College’s enrollment management and partnership plans.