Northwest State Strategic PlanNorthwest State Community College Strategic Plan 2023-2026
Expand high-value transformative education, training, and services that anticipate the needs of learners and community stakeholders.
- Improve learner outcomes by establishing a Professional Development and Learning Center.
- Develop and scale learner-centered class and program offerings by expanding access in time, place, duration, and delivery.
- Demonstrate the value of education, training, and services delivered by NSCC.
- Increase the number of learners that obtain a degree, certificate, or industry recognized credentials.
Learning For All
Provide equitable and inclusive access to education, training, and services to increase enrollment, retention, and completion.
- Identify and address barriers that impede learner access and success.
- Design learner-centered and holistic supports for enhanced retention and program completion.
- Provide learning experiences that embrace diversity and inclusivity to foster a sense of belonging.
- Encourage and support learner engagement in campus life.
Increase institutional resources and advance operational efficiencies through data-informed decisions and continuous improvement.
- Seek and expand revenue sources for the advancement of education, training, and services.
- Improve and encourage participation in the governance process.
- Establish an institutional research structure to support assessment, accreditation, and effectiveness.
- Align budget and resource allocation process with College’s priorities.
Provide a work environment that attracts and retains highly motivated employees, fostering collaboration, a sense of belonging, and purpose.
- Provide competitive wages, benefits, and flexible work schedules.
- Facilitate a work environment where employees experience a positive work/life balance.
- Provide professional development opportunities and resources that encourage career growth and empower employees to succeed.
- Enhance the employee experience by creating a sense of belonging, employee engagement, and respect for all individuals.
Strengthen and increase community partnerships through enhanced employer, learner, and community relationships.
- Present NSCC as a convener for community collaborations.
- Empower and encourage staff, faculty, and learners to participate in outreach as ambassadors.
- Optimize employer and community relationships to advance socioeconomic growth.