NSCC Board Approves Strategic Plan
Goal 1: Create and maintain an environment encouraging excellence and success in all aspects of the student experience.
- Provide accessible and effective advising to students
- Enhance student learning and effective teaching
- Provide and promote exemplary programs
- Provide service that appreciates educational needs leading to student success and customer satisfaction
Goal 2: Generate and invest in transformational partnerships and educational opportunities for institutional growth.
- Build relationships with business, government, academics and community organizations through shared vision, goals, and stewardship
- Produce qualified candidates to meet area workforce needs/li>
- Be the source of professional development and continuing education for our region
Goal 3: Develop, cultivate and sustain a culture of empowerment based on mutual respect and civility.
- Implement a plan to build equality and transparency, promoting the dignity and worth of all individuals
- Design and offer employee development (i.e. cross training, employee interaction)
- Build an expectation that all employees participate in one or more professional development experiences every year
Goal 4: Improve institutional effectiveness.
- Base budget and decision making on critical analysis and sufficient research including feedback from all stakeholders
- Examine our internal processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness (LEAN)
- Utilize our governance system effectively