Once you have completed the student application process, your next step is to complete orientation. SOAR (student orientation, advising, and registration) is required of all new NSCC students. SOAR will introduce you to NSCC student services and resources. Students have two options for completing the orientation requirement:
The online SOAR option is completed in Sakai. Follow the instructions below to complete the online quiz.
- Log in to Sakai using your NSCC ID (N#) and your birthday in the MMDDYY format
- Click on ‘Sites Menu’ icon in the upper right hand corner and click on the ‘SOAR Online’ link in the drop down menu
- Click on ‘SOAR Content’ on the left hand side to complete the orientation
- To complete the SOAR and remove your hold, you must complete the quiz and score 100%, then confirm your score by following the prompts
- NEXT STEPS: Meet with your academic advisor to review program requirements and register for classes. To make an appointment contact the Advising Center at 419.267.1390 or Advising@NorthwestState.edu. Please note: you must have ACT or Accuplacer scores on file prior to registering for classes. Sign up for Accuplacer testing.
This is the face-to-face option for SOAR. The goal of this on-campus option is to provide you with an overview of resources through a tour of campus. After the campus tour, you will have the opportunity to meet with your academic advisor and register for classes. Please note: you must have ACT or Accuplacer scores on file to sign up for classes. Sign up for Accuplacer testing.
NEXT STEPS: Sign up to complete SOAR on NSCC’s campus by using the form below. The upcoming dates for On-Campus SOAR are:
July 19, 2018: 3-5 p.m.
August 2, 2018: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Not sure what to do next? Email orientation@NorthwestState.edu.