Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 states that, “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.” Title IX applies to all Northwest State students and employees.
Students, if you are a victim of or witness to harassment or discrimination, please make a report.
Employees, you are legally obligated to report if:
- you are a witness to harassment or discrimination on College property or during a College-sponsored activity
- you have received a report of harassment or discrimination
Reports can be made to any of the following:
- NSCC Campus Police, 419.267.5511 or in the Atrium behind the Welcome Center
- Kathy Soards, Title IX coordinator, 419.267.1314, ksoards@NorthwestState.edu or Room B105C
- Cindy Krueger, Title IX deputy director, 419.267.1233, ckrueger@NorthwestState.edu or Room B105A
U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights