If you are on financial aid suspension and want to appeal this status, you must complete a financial aid satisfactory academic progress workshop. This workshop includes information on how to successfully complete a financial aid appeal and how to successfully complete your degree. If you have questions regarding the workshop or the academic process, contact the financial aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow the steps below to complete the Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Workshop:
- Login to Sakai if previously enrolled at NSCC for the last three years and click SAP Appeals to begin the appeal workshop. If not enrolled at NSCC for the last three years, email the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com with your full name and N number (if known) to get registered for the workshop.
- Watch the SAP Appeals Process video on the SAP Workshop homepage.
- Click the Satisfactory Academic Progress Overview link under the SAP Appeals Steps section and watch the SAP Overview video.
- Take the SAP Quiz. Students must pass the workshop quiz with a score of at least 70%.
- Complete the Questionnaire by clicking on Review your Circumstances and Plan on the SAP Workshop homepage, under SAP Appeals Steps. Here the student will explain the circumstance for the suspension, how they plan to resolve these circumstances, and why they feel their aid should be reinstated.
- Include third party documentation (if applicable) to support the reasons stated in the questionnaire by clicking on Assignments, then Documentation, and follow the instructions to upload files.
- Make an appointment to meet with an advisor to create a Plan of Study. The plan of study MUST be entered in DegreeWorks by your academic advisor and must include every class that is needed to meet all satisfactory academic progress requirements.