College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Advanced Placement (AP), and DANTES (DSST) Credit
- Full college credit may be granted or prerequisite courses waived based upon College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Advanced Placement (AP), or DANTES (DSST) test results. A list of courses will be maintained by the vice president for academics.
- Credit will be granted for equivalent courses for a score of 3 or higher on the AP test.
- An AP score of at least 4 may be required for highly dependent sequence of courses in a STEM area.
- A score of 3 or higher on an AP foreign language area will provide credit for at least the first year of a foreign language.
- Credits earned via AP exams are transferable in Ohio according to the state’s transfer module (the NSCC AP code is 1235).
- CLEP and DANTES credit will be granted for equivalent courses based on the American Council on Education minimum score.
- Credit awarded through CLEP, AP, or DSST scores may not exceed 70 percent of any degree or certificate requirement.
- Upon presentation of CLEP, AP, or DSST scores in the same area, credit will be awarded for either CLEP, AP, or DSST based upon the higher number of credit hours. In no case will CLEP, AP, and DSST credits be combined.
In the event that the credit hours to be awarded through CLEP, AP, or DSST are equal, the individual department will award the appropriate credit at their discretion.