We have important reminders for summer, along with helpful information regarding food distribution, financial assistance, career assistance, advising and more.
Summer 2020 tuition & fees now available through your myNSCC account. Installment payment plans are available.
- Call 419.267/1311 or email BusinessOffice@NorthwestState.edu
- The business office will provide your payment amount
- Your payment will be processed via debit/credit card
- After initial payment is processed, receipt & installment plan contract will be mailed
- The contract should be signed and sent back as soon as payment is processed. We will accept this via email-take a picture and attach or scan. Additionally, please send the original signed document to the college via mail:
Northwest State Community College
Attn: Business Office
22600 State Route 34
Archbold, Ohio 43502
Other important reminders:
- ACCUPLACER testing is available on a limited basis. Learn more or sign up.
- Registration & advising: Connect with the NSCC Advising Center to update your academic plan in DegreeWorks or to register for summer or fall classes.
- Campus Conversations: Join your classmates on Mondays at 6 p.m. or Thursdays at 9:00 a.m. for a virtual meet-up. Get updates, find answers to questions and stay connected. Check your campus email for the Zoom link.
- Tutoring services are available virtually. We’re here to help you through the home stretch!
- Financial aid: If you plan to take summer or fall classes and you have not completed your 2020-2021 FAFSA yet, please complete it today at www.fafsa.gov. Continue to monitor your myNSCC account to view any incomplete/missing items that are needed to complete your financial aid file.
- The NSCC Food Pantry will be doing ‘drive-thru’ pickup on Thursdays from
11 a.m.-1 p.m. Please pull up to the A20 doors, located on the east side of the building, and a financial aid team member will bring a bag of groceries out to your car. Please email us at foodpantry@NorthwestState.edu to let us know that you plan to come so we can ensure we have enough bags ready for pickup each week.
- Resources & Emergency Funds: If you are experiencing a hardship, we are here to help you! Email email@example.com and include your name, student ID number, and a brief summary of your needs. We will reach out to you with both institutional and community resources.
- NSCC Learner Services offices are here to help you remotely. Find contact information and office hours here. Please reach out if you need assistance.
- Counseling: If at any point you feel overwhelmed, anxious, or uncertain about anything – reach out to NSCC Counseling Services by texting NSCCHELP to 419.591.6487 and someone will respond to your inquiry and assist you with your needs.
- Registrar’s Office: Registrar staff will continue to run processes and will communicate with you via your student email.