How often do I get paid?

NSCC’s employees are paid semi-monthly, generally around the 15th and the end of the month. The payroll calendars for both hourly and salaried employees are available on the Human Resource Office’s Intranet site in the Payroll FAQ’s section. The timing of your first paycheck will depend upon your respective payroll calendar, your actual first day of work, and whether all your paperwork has been completed as requested (in advance).  2013-2014 Payroll Calendar.

How will I get paid?

NSCC employees are paid through automatic deposit to a bank account of their choice. An automatic deposit authorization form is included in your employee packet to complete prior to your first day on the job. If you would like to update your direct deposit information click here:DIRECT DEPOSIT AUTHORIZATION

Why isn't social security (F.I.C.A.) tax withheld from my paycheck?

As an employee of a public institution that contributes to the State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) or School Employees Retirement System (SERS), you are only permitted (and obligated) to have the Medicare portion of social security (currently 1.45%) withheld. NSCC, as the employer, also makes a matching contribution of the 1.45% tax. Click here for more information on how this might influence your social security benefit upon retirement.

Does NSCC provide payroll deduction for supplemental retirement savings over and above the mandatory retirement programs?

Fixed percentages withheld from both STRS and SERS (including alternative plans) are mandated by law and do not allow for additional contributions to those specific plans. NSCC does, however, offer additional, voluntary pre-tax payroll deduction for supplemental (additional) retirement savings that fall under the Internal Revenue Service Code sections 403(b) and 457 rules. The list of companies that currently service NSCC’s employees may be found on this site under Supplemental Retirement Savings.

If I move, what forms do I need to complete?

You need to complete a Personal Information Change Form. Remember to complete a new city tax form if you move to a new city. If you move to a new school district or a new state, a new state tax form would also be required. These forms are available in the Current Employees section of our web site.

Who do I contact if I need further information?

Our payroll specialist is Nancy Dunson who can be reached at 419.267.1391.