If you’ve ever dreamed of owning your own business or turning an idea into a product, Northwest State’s upcoming Entrepreneurship Forum may be the launching pad you’re looking for. Attendees will have five minutes to present their ideas to a panel of entrepreneurship experts who will provide feedback and advice.
“Televisions shows like ‘Shark Tank’ have helped put entrepreneurship in the spotlight. However, many who have great ideas for a product or business never pursue them because they don’t know where to go or what to do,” said Lisa Becher, business faculty at Northwest State. “Our goal with this event is to provide an opportunity for people to share their ideas, receive feedback from experts in the field and walk away with an outline of how to make their dream a reality.”
The Entrepreneurship Forum will take place on Tuesday, October 28 from 10 a.m.-noon in the Voinovich Auditorium at NSCC. Lunch, sponsored by First Federal Bank, is included. The event is free, but reservations are required by Friday, October 24. To reserve a presentation time or for more information, contact Lisa Becher at 419.267.1264 or lbecher@NorthwestState.edu.
The panel of experts will include:
- Jerry L Zielke, director of Paulding County Economic Development
- Joel Miller, executive director of Henry County Chamber of Commerce
- Diamond Zimmerman, coordinator for the Williams County Economic Development Corporation
- Matt Gilroy, executive director of the Fulton County Economic Development Corporation
- Isaac Lee, president/CEO of the Defiance Area Chamber of Commerce
- Mike Wolfe, Ph.D., dean of business at NSCC
- Representatives from the commercial lending department at First Federal Bank