Northwest State Community College COVID-19 Update
Please note, this page will be updated with developments as necessary.
Latest update: March 27, 2020
Hear Dr. Thomson’s March 24 interview with an update on campus and classes. Audio courtesy of Q96.5.
General Campus Information
- Campus is closed and operating remotely until further notice. If you need to contact the College, please call 855-267-5511. Messages will be returned by the appropriate person as quickly as possible.
- All visitors are to report to the A-10 (north/Atrium) entrance for sign-in and asked to answer basic Center for Disease Control (CDC) questions connected to the COVID-19 virus and their travel over the past two weeks.
Information for Students Regarding Classes
- The spring semester will continue on March 23, with all classes being provided via remote learning delivery. Students will receive communication from their instructors this with course-specific instructions.
- See Dr. Burklo’s spring coursework update, including important information on how courses will resume on March 23.
In accordance with Ohio Governor Mike DeWine’s recommendations, Northwest State Community College is taking these necessary steps effective immediately:
- Classes will resume March 23 with remote delivery only. Second 8-week classes will also begin on March 23 with remote delivery only. On-campus, face-to-face instruction is canceled through April 5, 2020. Courses that cannot be supported remotely will have alternate plans, which will be communicated directly to the students in those courses.
- Offsite learning, such as externships and College Credit Plus, etc. will continue as scheduled at the discretion of the administering facility.
Additional Information for Students
- Priority registration for summer and fall classes opens on March 27 for veterans and active duty military. Registration opens for all students on March 30.
- NSCC Learner Services Offices – including admissions, advising center, career & activities office, financial aid office, registrar’s office, and the success center – are remote services only effective March 19, 2020. Virtual office hours are Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Staff are prepared to fully serve your needs remotely. See more.
- Counseling services are available for students by texting NSCCHELP to 419.591.6487.
- Find your local internet service provider.
- eTutoring services are available now, and virtual tutoring will begin March 30. Find out more.
Information Regarding Events
- Through April 5, events scheduled on the Archbold campus that are anticipating large groups will be canceled or postponed. Please watch this page for updates. Events scheduled for April 6 and beyond will be evaluated imminently.
- All student activities and group meetings have been canceled through April 5.
- Please see NorthwestState.edu/events for an up-to-date list of events.
Contacts for Questions
- For our students, please direct any questions regarding coursework to your course instructor. For all other areas of inquiry or concern, please contact the NSCC Advising Center at 419.267.1390 or advising@NorthwestState.edu.
- For our faculty and staff, please direct all questions to your direct supervisor.
- For our friends and neighbors in the community, please direct any questions to our Welcome Desk at 419.267.5511.