Northwest State Community College COVID-19 Update
Please note, this page will be updated with developments as necessary.
Latest update: May 20, 2020
General Campus Information
- Campus is now open on a limited basis, by appointment to serve our learners. We are following the State of Ohio’s protocols to ensure the safety of our learners, guests and employees. We ask all visitors to enter through the A-10 (Atrium) doors, to do a quick temperature check and answer a few CDC questions.
- Offices are operating on summer hours: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Please note: many offices are still operating remotely. Please contact the individual office to see if an on-campus appointment is available, or if the office can better serve you through a virtual visit.
Information for Students Regarding Classes
- Summer courses are being provided via remote learning delivery only. More information on fall classes will be shared as it is available.
- Offsite learning, such as externships and College Credit Plus, etc. will continue as scheduled at the discretion of the administering facility.
Additional Information for Students
- We have important reminders for summer, along with helpful information regarding food distribution, financial assistance, career assistance, advising and more. See the April 29 update for details.
- NSCC Learner Services Offices – including admissions, advising center, career & activities office, financial aid office, registrar’s office, and the success center – are remote services only. Virtual office hours are Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Staff are prepared to fully serve your needs remotely. See more.
- Counseling services are available for students by texting NSCCHELP to 419.591.6487.
- Watch Sakai video tutorials
- Find your local internet service provider.
- eTutoring services and virtual tutoring are available
- Find out more about local food, housing and utility assistance
- Student-related COVID-19 news
- Check your campus email for more information about our “Campus Conversation” virtual events. See the video from our April 16 event.
- Textbooks for summer courses can be ordered online, with free delivery or curbside pick up.
Information Regarding Events
- See NorthwestState.edu/events for announcements as they become available
Information for Faculty & Staff
- How to request learner support services
- Online early warning system instructions
- Free learning technology resources
- Additional technology & online learning resources, courtesy of Alex Cummins, NSCC grad and technology director at Millcreek-West Unity Local School District
Contacts for Questions
- For our students, please direct any questions regarding coursework to your course instructor. For all other areas of inquiry or concern, please contact the NSCC Advising Center at 419.267.1390 or advising@NorthwestState.edu.
- For our faculty and staff, please direct all questions to your direct supervisor.
- For our friends and neighbors in the community, please direct any questions to our Welcome Desk at 419.267.5511.
- Twenty-three of Ohio’s community colleges have donated PPE to hospitals and first responders. If you have PPE to donate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find local information from the Henry County Health Department, including instructions on how to make and wear face masks
- See Henry County’s COVID-19 guide
- The latest news on COVID-19 is available at www.coronavirus.ohio.gov
- Fore more information on what COVID-19 is, visit the World Health Organization
- For more information on transmission, symptoms,prevention and treatment, visit the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention