Morning Ceremony: 10 a.m.
Afternoon Ceremony: 2 p.m.
Graduates should report to the Atrium at 9:30 a.m. for the morning ceremony or 1:30 p.m. for the afternoon ceremony.
A black robe and mortarboard are required to participate in the ceremony.
- Upon arrival, you will be directed to the reader card table to pick up your reader card (this includes your name, major, and any academic honors you may have earned).
- Each graduate will need to fill out a yellow card with information for the graduation photographer.
- Graduation Foto will be taking pictures of each graduate as they receive their diploma and as a portrait off stage. A free color proof will be mailed to each student at no charge and no obligation to purchase.
- Graduates will line up by academic division:
- 9:30 a.m. morning ceremony (Nursing and Allied Health & Public Services)
- 1:30 p.m. afternoon ceremony (Arts & Sciences, Business, Industrial Technologies & STEM)
The procession begins promptly at 9:50 a.m. for the morning ceremony and 1:50 p.m. for the afternoon ceremony.
- The faculty, staff and board of trustees will begin the procession to the commencement stage. Graduates will then be led by the junior marshal to their designated seating.
- After President Dr. Thomson has conferred degrees and certificates, you will be asked to switch your tassel to the right. The first row of graduates will then proceed to the commencement stage, while everyone else sits down.
- The junior marshals will direct each row of graduates to the stage one at a time.
- After accepting their diplomas from the dean, graduates will proceed across the stage to shake hands with President Thomson and have a picture taken by the photographer. After the photo, they will be directed to walk back to their seats for the remainder of the ceremony
- Students receiving multiple degrees/certificates will only walk up to the stage once. All degrees/certificates will be announced at that time.
- The stage party (faculty, staff and the board of trustees) will exit first, followed by the first row of graduates. Graduates will exit down the center aisle starting with the front row.
- All graduates, along with family and friends, are invited to a reception in the Atrium immediately following the ceremony. Cake and punch will be served, and graduates will have an opportunity to visit with faculty, deans and campus leadership.