Help us celebrate the class of 2018! Fall commencement is set for Monday, December 17 at 7 p.m. Graduates and guests can find all the important details online. If you can’t make it to campus, watch the live stream on YouTube.
NSCC Art Instructor Michael Clink discusses the fall 2018 student art exhibit going on through December 10, 2018, and the ongoing collaboration with other departments. The public is welcome to come check out this fantastic display, which is located on the second floor of the ‘A’ Building, just off the Atrium. [music by audionautix.com]
Stop by the Atrium from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. for fun with Mix 98.1. Bring a new, unwrapped toy or monetary donation to help local families in need this holiday season.
It was a day full of learning through fun, hands-on activities. Thank you to everyone who came out to explore campus during Discover NSCC Day! Special thanks to the faculty and staff who work so hard to make this event possible. Check out the event photo album.
It was an honor to be recognized for 50 years of service at the Archbold Area Chamber of Commerce’s annual banquet. Congratulations to 96.1 WMTR for 50 years of service to the community, along with the other outstanding individuals, organizations and businesses that were recognized for awards and milestones.
Learn more about our ongoing “50 Years of Service” celebration.
NSCC is proud to sponsor the Taste of Henry County lunch on Wednesday, October 31 from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Enjoy some of the best food Henry County has to offer, network and hear from Dr. Michael Thomson, NSCC president, on what’s happening at Northwest State.
RSVP by calling 419-592-1786 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In celebration of the spirit entrepreneurship and the power of small business, NSCC is proud to host its fifth annual Entrepreneurship Forum on Tuesday, November 6 from 10 a.m.-noon in the Voinovich Auditorium. The event is open to all residents of Defiance, Fulton, Henry, Paulding and Williams Counties with an idea, concept or business plan, as well as those who simply want to attend and enjoy the presentations and discussion.
This year’s event includes two new features.
- One presenter will earn some investment cash! Thanks to the generosity of First Federal Bank of the Midwest, start-up money will be given to one presenter during the event.
- Jim Weaner of Weaner, Yoder, Hill & Weber, Ltd. has generously provided use a commercial real estate property in Defiance. As an attorney, Weaner is able to also assist the entrepreneur with the proper business setup.
“There are a lot of great ideas generated by innovative entrepreneurs in our area,” said Lisa Becher, business faculty at Northwest State. Becher is also the State of Ohio Small Business Development Center consultant and a local business owner.
She has created the event to help aspiring business owners by removing barriers to market. “The Entrepreneurship Forum at Northwest State encourages those innovative thinkers and risk-takers to bring their ideas to the table, where our panel of experts will carefully listen to the concepts and provide real-time, valuable insight to help those ideas succeed,” Becher continued.
Panelists for this year’s event include:
- Darrell Handy, president/CEO at Defiance Chamber of Commerce
- Matt Gilroy, executive director of Fulton County Economic Development
- Joel Miller, executive director of Henry County Chamber of Commerce and Denise Dahl, executive director, Henry County Economic Development
- Jerry Zielke, executive director of Paulding County Economic Development
- Matt Davis, executive director of Williams County Economic Development
- Northwest State Community College: Michael Thomson, president; Janet Delcamp, dean of business; and Lisa Becher, business faculty, State of Ohio Small Business Development Center advisor, local business owner
- Dave Dorner, mentor and consultant to start-up businesses, former director at Rocket Ventures and executive director at Oregon Economic Development
- Dave Figley, commercial lender at First Federal Bank
- Ray Meiers, intellectual property attorney at Black, McCuskey, Souers & Arbaugh LPA
How to Regiser
Register by contacting Lisa Becher at 419.267.1264 or emailing lbecher@NorthwestState.edu. The event is free to attend, but registration is required for everyone.
Please note: because of the change in event time, lunch will not be provided to attendees. Guests are encouraged to visit the NSCC Café (2nd floor ‘C’ building) for meal and snack options.
Join us on Saturday, November 3 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. for Discover NSCC Day! The event includes hands-on fun for the whole family. Learn more.