Northwest State Community College celebrates the spirit of entrepreneurship and the power of small businesses in hosting its sixth annual Entrepreneurship Forum on Tuesday, November 5 from 10:00 a.m. to noon in the Voinovich Auditorium. This FREE event is open to all residents of Defiance, Fulton, Henry, Paulding and Williams Counties with an idea, concept or business plan, as well as those who simply want to attend and enjoy the presentations and discussion.
Providing Valuable Experiences
The 2019 Entrepreneurship Forum provides budding entrepreneurs the opportunity to present their ideas to a panel of experts from the region and to network with those experts – both very valuable experiences! Three awards of $250 in funding will be awarded to presenters that day, courtesy of JumpStart|NextTech Ohio, First Federal Bank and The State Bank & Trust Company.
Helping Aspiring Business Owners by Removing Barriers to Market
“Small business is so important to local community development and growth. Quite simply, it is the backbone of our economy,” said Lisa Becher, business faculty at Northwest State. Becher is also the State of Ohio Small Business Development Center consultant and a local business owner.
She has created an event that helps aspiring business owners by removing barriers to market. “Our goal is to empower individuals and break down the barriers that stop people from starting down the path of business ownership. The team can assist with patents, legal structure, funding, available space and other needs. This is an opportunity to network and create relationships,” Becher continued.
Panelists Scheduled for the 2019 Entrepreneurship Forum
- Defiance County: Floyd Culver, President/CEO, Chamber of Commerce
- Fulton County: Matt Gilroy, Executive Director, Economic Development
- Henry County: Joel Miller, Executive Director, Chamber of Commerce; April Welch, Executive Director, Economic Development
- Paulding County: Jerry Zielke, Executive Director, Economic Development
- Williams County: Megan Hausch, Executive Director Economic Development
- Northwest State Community College: Lisa Becher, Business Faculty, State of OH Small Business Development Center Advisor, Local Business Owner
- Dave Dorner, mentor and consultant to start-up businesses, former director at Rocket Ventures and executive director of Oregon Economic Development
- Dave Figley, Commercial Lender, First Federal Bank
- Brandon Gerken, SBA Lending Manager, The State Bank & Trust Company
- Ray Meiers, Intellectual Property Attorney, Black, McCuskey, Souers & Arbaugh LPA
- Adam Salon, Partner, Entrepreneurial Services, JumpStart|NextTech Ohio
How to Register
Register by calling Lisa Becher at 419.267.1264 or email lbecher@NorthwestState.edu. The event is free to attend, but registration is required for everyone. Lunch will not be provided to attendees, but guests are encouraged to visit the NSCC Café (2nd floor ‘C’ building) for meal and snack options.
“Upon registration, presenters will be provided a template for presentation and free consultation services from the Small Business Development Center,” Becher said.