What are the admissions enrollment steps?

View our detailed, step-by-step guide for completing enrollment.

What is considered an official high school transcript vs. an unofficial transcript?

An official high school transcript comes directly from the high school counselor in a sealed envelope, by fax or email.

Fax: 419.267.5692
Email: admissions@NorthwestState.edu

It must be signed by your high school guidance counselor and include a graduation date.

An unofficial high school transcript is a transcript that has been opened by someone other than the admissions office, emailed from the student, is not signed or does not have a graduation date.

What if my high school no longer exists? How do I get my official transcripts?

You will need to contact the Department of Education in your state to request the information.

I have a GED. How do I request an official high school transcript?

Students who received a GED can request a transcript at https://www.diplomasender.com.

The benefits of DiplomaSender:

  • First time test takers receive their initial diploma and transcript FREE
  • Documents can be delivered electronically via email or through fax, USPS first class or priority express mail
  • For additional information, including fees, documentation, etc, click here

How do I register for the ACCUPLACER Assessment?

  • Go to northweststate.edu/testing
  • Choose the day and time from the ‘Testing Date/Time Selection’ drop down box
  • Enter your information
  • Click ‘Send’

What is the ACCUPLACER Assessment?

All new degree-seeking students are required to either submit their ACT scores or complete the ACCUPLACER Assessment. The ACCUPLACER is a computerized placement test that covers basic skill areas in writing, reading and mathematics. You are not rewarded or penalized for your scores on the COMPASS Assessment; it is just one of the many tools that your advisor will use to help you register for classes.

I have a hold on my account, what should I do?

Contact the NSCC Registrar’s Office at 419.267.1395 or registrar@NorthwestState.edu.

What is SOAR?

Newly admitted students are required to complete online Student Orientation Advising and Registration (SOAR) prior to enrolling in classes at Northwest State. SOAR is a comprehensive program, full of information that is intended to enhance your success in college.

For more information on SOAR, visit northweststate.edu/soar/

How do I register for SOAR?

For more information, visit http://northweststate.edu/soar/.

I am a transfer student who has taken and completed courses at another college or university. What do I need to do in order to enroll and register for classes?

  • Apply to NSCC online as a transfer student via the transfer application
  • Submit your official high school transcript
  • Apply for financial aid by visiting fasfa.ed.gov
  • Meet with an academic advisor in your academic division

I am a guest student who is looking to take a few classes, but not seeking a full degree or certificate at NSCC. What do I need to do in order to enroll and register for a class?

  • Apply to NSCC online as a Guest Student using the guest application
  • Contact the admissions office at 419.267.1320 to register for your class

Where and when can I register for classes?

After completing SOAR online, you will need to set up an appointment with an academic advisor by contacting the advising center at 419.267.1390 or Advising@northweststate.edu.

If you have already completed SOAR and have an active myNSCC account, you can register for classes at any time.

How do I contact my academic advisor? Who is my academic advisor?

Contact the secretary of your academic division.

  • Arts & Sciences: 419.267.1247
  • Business and Public Services: 419.267.1345
  • STEM: 419.267.1394
  • Allied Health & Nursing: 419.267.1246
  • Undecided Majors: 419.267.1513

I was enrolled at NSCC in the past. What do I need to do to re-enroll?

As a returning student, your next steps are fairly simple. First, you will need to stop in the registrar’s office (C106) and fill out a re-enrollment form. Our offices are open Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. While you are in the office, we will review your account and let you know if there are any additional steps you need to take. Please make sure you bring a photo ID (e.g.: driver’s license).

I earned college credit while still in high school and want to enroll as a new full-time student. How do I do that?

Please contact the admissions office at 419.267.1320 or admissions@northweststate.edu.

How do I get my transcripts from NSCC?

Contact the registrars office at 419.267.1395 or registrar@NorthwestState.edu.

Do you offer online classes?

Yes. You can see which classes are offered online by going to the link below:

  • Online Class Schedule
  • Select the term
  • Search classes
  • Online classes will be listed as “Web Courses Campus”

What is the OLR?

The OLR, or Online Learning Readiness Assessment, is required for any student who wants to take online classes. For more information, visit http://northweststate.edu/online-learning-assessment/.

How do I withdraw, add or drop a class?

You can withdraw, add or drop a class through your myNSCC account.

  • Log in to myNSCC
  • Click on ‘Student Services’ tab
  • Refer to ‘Registration Tools’