TRiO-Student Supportive Services (SSS) empowers first-generation, limited income, and students with a disability in their pursuit of a college degree, through intensive individualized support and advocacy to increase college retention, graduation, and transfer rates to four-year institutions.
- Student success coaching
- College transfer assistance
- Academic, career, and personal development
- Financial literacy training
- FAFSA/Financial Aid Assistance
- Resource center
- Cultural activities
Eligibility is based on federally defined criteria where at least one of the following must be met:
- First generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor's degree)
- Limited income as defined by federal guidelines (verified by SSS Staff)
- Have a documented learning or physical disability
- Applicants must be registered for classes at NSCC
- Applicants must be enrolled in Associate Degree or Certificate Program at NSCC
- Applicants must be in good academic standing based on requirements of NSCC
- Applicants must be a U.S citizen or permanent resident
- Applicants cannot have Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
A completed application must also have the following documentation:
- A signed copy of the Federal Income tax return from 2 years ago, or a completed supplemental verification form.
- Current class schedule
- Completed Needs Assessment Survey
- If you are not a U.S citizen, you must bring your Permanent Resident Card.