Northwest State Community College must abide by the residency eligibility criteria established by the Ohio Revised Code 3333-31 and Ohio Administrative Code 3333-1-10. Petitions requesting residency change are due by the first day of the semester. Retroactive residency determinations cannot be made for tuition surcharge purposes.

Students petitioning to change their residency status must do so by completing the application that applies to them:

Forever Buckeye
Ohio high school graduates who return to enroll in an Ohio public institution of higher education and who establish a primary residence in Ohio by the first day of classes of the requested term are eligible for the In-State Tuition rate.

Ohio G.I Promise
Upon moving to Ohio, veterans with one year of honorable service (and their dependents) are immediately considered in-state residents for the purposes of tuition, state educational subsidies and financial aid. Active duty, guard, reserve service members, and their families are also eligible for this educational benefit.

Residency Status Change
Students must petition for residency status change by submitting the In-State Residency Petition, along with required documentation that demonstrates they have established residency in Ohio. Residency is based on the rules as defined by the Ohio Revised Code 33331-31.