The McDougle Center, located in the Northwest State Community College Library, was built in 2002 and dedicated to President Emeritus Dr. Larry McDougle and his wife Ruth. In addition to serving as a meeting space for internal and external groups, the McDougle Center is home to rare books and other items pertaining to local and regional history.
The following collections are on display and must be viewed inside the room:
- Julian and Emelia (Freytag) Kryder collection, which contains a complete, four-year set of Civil War letters and Ohio Senate state papers of Sen. George Kryder (1918-24)
- Newspapers from the Civil War era
- A nearly complete set of “Luthers Werke” print editions ranging from early to mid-1800s
Additionally, a collection of circulating “local history” books are located on the shelves just outside of the McDougle Room. These books are used by students in the historic preservation program, as well as being available to other interested people on campus and in the community.
If you are interested in viewing the collections in the McDougle Room, or reserving it for a meeting or event, please contact us.