The Center for Lifelong Learning plans two trips each year. The multi-day travel-study trip takes place in the spring and typically includes a major city east of the Mississippi. The fall overnight trip focuses on sites in Ohio, Indiana and Michigan.
Milwaukee in the Spring: April 24-28, 2016
This all-inclusive trip will feature:
- Milwaukee city tour
- Visits to the Milwaukee Art Museum and the UWM Freshwater Institute & Great Lakes Aquaculture Center
- Tour of Miller Park, home of the Milwaukee Brewers
- Meals at Mader’s German Restaurant, Miss Katie’s Diner and The Safe House
- And more!
Overnight in Lansing, Michigan: September 19-20, 2016
This trip will feature:
- Tours of the Michigan Capitol Building, Eli & Edythe Broad Art Museum and the historic prison in Jackson
- A stop at the “Big House” in Ann Arbor
Some of the CLL’s Past Trips
Behind the Scenes on Ohio’s North Coast
The group took a tour at The Blade and WTOL in Toledo then continued on to Cleveland for a tour of the city, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Playhouse Square District and the Cleveland Botanical Garden. Other highlights included dinner and “Motown the Musical.” On the way home, they were treated to a look at ride maintenance, landscaping and culinary operations at Cedar Point.
Spring in Memphis
The group toured the National Civil Rights Museum, Graceland and Sun Studio. Other highlights included an evening of dinner and entertainment on Beale Street and a visit to Dyess Colony, the boyhood home of Johnny Cash.
This journey took the group to Columbus for tours of Wilson Sporting Goods, Ohio Stadium, American Whistle Factor and Robbins-Hunter Museum. They group also enjoyed a visit to the Ohio History Society’s 1950s exhibit and meals at the Buckeye Hall of Fame, 94th Air Squadron and Nutcracker Family Restaurant.