One-day seminars are held several times a year at Northwest State Community College. The events include keynote speakers, hands-on activities and time to interact with fellow lifelong learners.
Seminar #53, Golden Nuggets of China-Then and Now, was held on Friday, April 10, 2015.
The day’s itinerary included:
- 8:30 a.m.: registration, coffee and cookies served
- 9 a.m.: keynote speaker Professor Emeritus SuiWah, of Michigan State University, who shared information on the Chinese calligraphy exhibit on display at NSCC
- Hands-on calligraphy activity
- Lunch, available on campus for $7
- Additional information from local residents with ties to China