This video provides an overview of what to expect at commencement. A detailed outline and schedule are also provided below.
Graduates should report to the Atrium at 1:15 p.m.
A black robe and mortarboard are required to participate in the ceremony.
- Upon arrival, you will be directed to the reader card table to pick up your reader card (this includes your name, major, and any academic honors you may have earned)
- Each graduate will need to fill out a yellow card with information for the graduation photographer
- Graduation Foto will be taking pictures of each graduate as they receive their diploma and as a portrait off stage. A free color proof will be mailed to each student at no charge and no obligation to purchase.
- Graduates will line up by academic division: Allied health & Public Services, Arts & Sciences, Business Technologies, Engineering Technologies, Nursing, CTS and Industrial Technologies
The procession begins promptly at 1:50 p.m.
- The faculty, staff and board of trustees will begin the procession to the commencement stage. Graduates will then be led by the junior marshal to their designated seating.
- After the president’s address, graduates will be asked to rise. President Stuckey will then confer the degrees and certificates. The first row of graduates will then proceed to the commencement stage, while everyone else sits down.
- The junior marshals will direct each row of graduates to the stage one at a time.
- After accepting their diplomas from the president, graduates will proceed across the stage and be directed to walk back to their seats for the remainder of the ceremony
- Students receiving multiple degrees/certificates will only walk up to the stage once. All degrees/certificates will be announced at that time.
- The stage party (faculty, staff and the board of trustees) will exit first, followed by the first row of graduates. Graduates will exit down the center aisle starting with the front row.
- All graduates, along with family and friends, are invited to a reception in the Atrium immediately following the ceremony. Cake and punch will be served, and graduates will have an opportunity to visit with faculty, deans and campus leadership.